Nokian Vatiiva A/T tire? (1 Viewer)

OK before I order the Revo's?

I was looking at the Nokian's which I have had 5 sets on other cars and they are great. Best snow tires on the planet. But never tried there A/T tires. Not much in our search function about them.

Here are the stats 2 sizes.
265/75/16E 10ply 123/120Q very close to OEM
285/75/16D 8 ply 122/119Q 4% taller

http://www.nokiantires.com/newsite/tires_popup.cfm?id=36

That's a bi-directional tread using the tread design of the Hakka tires, which are uni-directional. Probably a very good road tire (I love Nokkians), but that kind of siping is for snow, not North American wheeling.

I wouldn't call that an all terrain - it's a road tire (of course, all of the all terrains are road tires :flipoff2: )

Nay

Nay said:
That's a bi-directional tread using the tread design of the Hakka tires, which are uni-directional. Probably a very good road tire (I love Nokkians), but that kind of siping is for snow, not North American wheeling.

I wouldn't call that an all terrain - it's a road tire (of course, all of the all terrains are road tires :flipoff2: )

Nay

Agree they call it an all purpose tread pattern.

Think I am leaning with the Revo's in a 285 size:cheers:

Go with the Revo's man:D

nitto or revo

Nokian Vatiiva

I had a set of 265/75/16 installed on my 1994 LC. Lots of snow around here and they have been great. I choose these over the Toyo AT because of price ($550 mounted/balanced/OTD) and recommendation from my mechanic (has a 89 LC and runs the Hakas in winter and Vatiivas in the summer). I have not tried them on any trails, probably better choices out there if wheeling with your rig is more important. My rig had Toyo ATs on it and after switching tires it stops quicker in ice and snow and run smoother on dry. Huge difference going through the round-abouts that are at about every corner here in Bend!

Riley

Last edited:
Driley said:
I had a set of 265/75/16 installed on my 1994 LC. Lots of snow around here and they have been great. I choose these over the Toyo AT because of price ($550 mounted/balanced/OTD) and recommendation from my mechanic (has a 89 LC and runs the Hakas in winter and Vatiivas in the summer). I have not tried them on any trails, probably better choices out there if wheeling with you rig is more important. My rig had Toyo ATs on it and after switching tires it stops quicker in ice and snow and run smoother on dry. Huge difference going through the round-abouts that are at about every corner here in Bend!

Riley

Thanks fellow Oregon LC, I am in Eugene and plan on checking out them trails in central Oregon this summer. I love Nokian and have them on both my other rigs but since this reg was purchaced for more offroading I am going with the Revo's. Hope to see you in the Bend area sometime:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom