Noise found; crank pulley. Solution? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I found the rattle, it's the crank pulley. The front double pulley is fine it's just the inner. I suspect the rivets or whatever are loose. What can I do about this?

the crank pulley 3 groove has RUBBER vulcinized into it too

dont drive that or sttart that engine again

becasue your main crank shaft nut can be loose too or simply GONE all together ?

the crank pulley 3 groove has RUBBER vulcinized into it too

dont drive that or sttart that engine again

becasue your main crank shaft nut can be loose too or simply GONE all together ?
The nut is still there and tight, is it still dangerous? The front pulley is tight and not moving and nothing is connected on the loose pulley. It's like it's just rattly and loose...?

Btw- motor is from 87 2f fj60

Last edited:
The nut is still there and tight, is it still dangerous? The front pulley is tight and not moving and nothing is connected on the loose pulley. It's like it's just rattly and loose...?

Btw- motor is from 87 2f fj60

just get a good used earlier 2 groove 2F pulley and replace it.
assuming you aren't ever going to run A/C in the rig
or get a more readily available 3FE crank pulley

guy in Idaho had the rivets let loose on his crank pulley and was very lucky the pulleys went down instead of thru his radiator

Last edited:
just get a good used earlier 2 groove 2F pulley and replace it.
assuming you aren't ever going to run A/C in the rig
or get a more readily available 3FE crank pulley

guy in Idaho had the rivets let loose on his crank pulley and was very lucky the pulleys went down instead of thru his radiator
So the only pulley I'm using is the outer and hopefully soon the second for PS. I'm seeing a few options, wouldn't happen to have a partnumber for the one that would work?

So the only pulley I'm using is the outer and hopefully soon the second for PS. I'm seeing a few options, wouldn't happen to have a partnumber for the one that would work?

not sure there is an aftemarket version of the 2 groove, there is an aftermarket version of the 3 groove available
not sure OEM is still available

good used is available, post a wanted thread in the classifieds
I'd offer some for sale but this is tech not classifieds
you can PM if you want

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom