Noise driving me crazy! Can’t find the source (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys

I have this high pitched squeal when veering to the left, almost like brake wear indicators

by veering I mean the steering wheel is 10-11 o’clock going around a bend, it goes away once I go further to 9 or straighten up to 12 o’clock, goes away when I brake.

had the sound before but it just went away about 2 months ago and has re-appeared.

Brake pads changed not long ago, brand new rotors, new wheel bearings were changed about 4 months ago

It’s driving me crazy trying to find it

Hey guys

I have this high pitched squeal when veering to the left, almost like brake wear indicators

by veering I mean the steering wheel is 10-11 o’clock going around a bend, it goes away once I go further to 9 or straighten up to 12 o’clock, goes away when I brake.

had the sound before but it just went away about 2 months ago and has re-appeared.

Brake pads changed not long ago, brand new rotors, new wheel bearings were changed about 4 months ago

It’s driving me crazy trying to find it
You probably already checked this, but maybe a small stone behind the dust shield is hitting your rotor? Have you raised the wheel and checked for play in the wheel bearings?

Hey mate not as of yet, didn’t bother to check as they are only 4 months old but will do a quick check
You probably already checked this, but maybe a small stone behind the dust shield is hitting your rotor? Have you raised the wheel and checked for play in the wheel bearings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom