Noise coming from firewall area engine bay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
98 cruiser. I’ll attach the video where I was lucky to record it but basically it makes this clicking sound at random times. It’ll do while idling, running 70, coming to a slow stop, reversing and so on, that’s why I’m having trouble narrowing it down. Sounds and feels like it’s coming near the abs module , do these modules make such a noise prefailure? Everything under truck seems nice and tight, I inspect her almost weekly and baby her as well. Hopefully some of you have experienced this or can lead me in the right direction. iCloud - https://share.icloud.com/photos/0fVj1FHCshG5ayVvIAfIoPj8w

98 cruiser. I’ll attach the video where I was lucky to record it but basically it makes this clicking sound at random times. It’ll do while idling, running 70, coming to a slow stop, reversing and so on, that’s why I’m having trouble narrowing it down. Sounds and feels like it’s coming near the abs module , do these modules make such a noise prefailure? Everything under truck seems nice and tight, I inspect her almost weekly and baby her as well. Hopefully some of you have experienced this or can lead me in the right direction. iCloud - https://share.icloud.com/photos/0fVj1FHCshG5ayVvIAfIoPj8w
Also it’ll go 2/3 days without a peep, then some days I’ll hear it three times. Usually only lasts about 3-5 seconds. No changes in the way she drives whatsoever

Whoa. That sounds like your brake booster is tryna tell you something. They can make a variety of pretty funny noises when they get old. Mine makes a loud clank every couple of months when the motor turns off.
I’m wondering if I can do a flush, clean to help or if it’s a lost cause. I bled them and added fresh fluid like a month ago but I think it’s the abs motor or the booster like you said did a little homework last night

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom