NOCO Jump Boxes on Sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good sale on NOCO jump boxes and chargers. I carry one of these every since I had my battery die at Casner a few years back. @brices123 had one and I was amazed how well it worked. Just and FYI.

Good sale on NOCO jump boxes and chargers. I carry one of these every since I had my battery die at Casner a few years back. @brices123 had one and I was amazed how well it worked. Just and FYI.

I have the jump box as well as their charger and love both. Reminds me I need to charge the jump box.

Was thinking of buying one (just to have), but saw "COUNTRY OF ORGIN: CHINA" so I think I'll pass and look for a similar product made somewhere (almost anywhere) else in the world.
NOCO is a well respected brand and I have one, but suit yourself on preferred origin.

I have a NOCO and have used it a few times, solid piece of equipment and a necessity, IMHO. Chavez

Thanks @ARJMN . My old lithium starter has swelled and needs to be replaced.

I've been needing a new jump box but hadn't gone through the research effort yet, thanks for the fyi.

FWIW on NOCO's website directly they offer a 1500A model not in the Woot deal, which to me is the sweet spot for my needs... although the 1000A is supposed to handle up to 6L gas engine (mine is 5.7L) I'd rather have some extra juice available just in case, but the 2000A may be overkill. NOCO - 1500A Lithium Jump Starter - GB50 - https://no.co/gb50 Currently on sale and I found a promo code for another 15% off (G15NC).

FWIW on NOCO's website directly they offer a 1500A model not in the Woot deal, which to me is the sweet spot for my needs... although the 1000A is supposed to handle up to 6L gas engine (mine is 5.7L) I'd rather have some extra juice available just in case, but the 2000A may be overkill. NOCO - 1500A Lithium Jump Starter - GB50 - https://no.co/gb50 Currently on sale and I found a promo code for another 15% off (G15NC).
I have had a few different lithium jump boxes over the years, and the ratings don’t mean a whole lot. I have a 4000 amp that would barely start my tractor with no battery in it. Inrush on my good fluke meter was only 263 amps, and it could only crank the tractor for about 3 seconds. The antigravity xp10 would not even crank the tractor - which is just a little 16hp onan motor. These are all meant to assist a battery that is just below able to crank, so if you end up in a scenario where your battery has a dead short you will need the biggest one possible to have a shot at starting.

If it won’t start your truck the first time, push the “boost” button and let it charge until the light goes off. Do this a few times and it will charge the battery a bit, almost always works for me.

I have had a few different lithium jump boxes over the years, and the ratings don’t mean a whole lot. I have a 4000 amp that would barely start my tractor with no battery in it. Inrush on my good fluke meter was only 263 amps, and it could only crank the tractor for about 3 seconds. The antigravity xp10 would not even crank the tractor - which is just a little 16hp onan motor. These are all meant to assist a battery that is just below able to crank, so if you end up in a scenario where your battery has a dead short you will need the biggest one possible to have a shot at starting.

If it won’t start your truck the first time, push the “boost” button and let it charge until the light goes off. Do this a few times and it will charge the battery a bit, almost always works for me.
I got the biggest one I could find without being stupid. I have 6.0 gas, 5.9 and 6.7 diesels, so I go the GB75X. The next jump up was the GB155X which is for 10.5 gas or 8.0 diesel, and another couple hundred bucks. It is a great insurance policy for my fear of being stranded way out due to a dead/weak battery.

Had to use mine tonight as the battery in Sarah's Subaru died and her jump starter didn't have enough juice. My new 1000 amp cranked it right up. I'm going to leave her with that one and just bought the 1500A to go in my truck.

Thanks for finding this one and the discount code, Abigail!

@Abigail Thanks Abigail, have been wanting to get one of these for a while for peace of mind! Going to Overland West this year?

@Abigail Thanks Abigail, have been wanting to get one of these for a while for peace of mind! Going to Overland West this year?

I've actually never been to Expo, I'm not sure I need that many people trying to sell me a bunch of really cool stuff😅

I've actually never been to Expo, I'm not sure I need that many people trying to sell me a bunch of really cool stuff😅
I totally get that😁. It gets you thinking, and then thinking more about cool new gear🙄. @Rudster and I will camp out nearby then attend Friday for a full day of seeing the latest.

And you get to buy tickets for that experience!

Got to break in the jump box today on a '93 Ford Bronco, I think 5.8L engine? Battery was at 11.1v, so not very dead, and it started right up after being connected for less than 5 seconds. Thumbs up! I bought the 2000A box in the end, fwiw.

I highly recommend that everyone get one of these. That way, I won't have to carry one when out with you guys, and still receive all the benefits of the device in the event of my dead battery!

Added to my favorites, thanks, @Abigail

I highly recommend that everyone get one of these. That way, I won't have to carry one when out with you guys, and still receive all the benefits of the device in the event of my dead battery!

Added to my favorites, thanks, @Abigail
If you travel in group, a set of jumper cable is good enough. If you have standard transmission, then a push start may do the trick.

...and I ALWAYS carry jumper cables!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom