no turn signals front or back (88 62 AT) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
PO had a mess of wires connected to the battery terminal that I had a friend clean up and eliminate a bunch of them. Wires that were going to nothing. I got a new alternator and battery as well. Now I have a vehicle that starts right up but has no turn signals. The hazard lights work front and back, but not the turn signals. The steering wheel was never touched and it appears that turn signals and hazard lights are on the same fuse. Any ideas of what I need to look at first?

Hazards and turn signals both use the same flasher relay which means your problem probably lies somewhere close to the steering wheel. The actual turn signal switch may be the problem.

Were they working before you started playing with wires?

Hazards and turn signals both use the same flasher relay which means your problem probably lies somewhere close to the steering wheel. The actual turn signal switch may be the problem.

Were they working before you started playing with wires?
Yes. The front ones are wired through my ARB and the back are factory lights. That's where I get confused because the wheel wasn't touched.

I'm stumped. It's possible that some of that ratty wiring you pulled was involved. hmm.
Untitled1.png

Pin 1 off the turn signal flasher is the green with white stripe wire you need to make sure works.

Honestly just changed jobs and typically bike to work so I haven't had time to get on it. But wanted to add that I drove it to work today and the signals do not show up on the dash either. I don't know, pulling the steering wheel tomorrow when I'm off work and getting into it. If that gives anyone any ideas for me to look into not previously mentioned, let me know.

Here’s a pic of where the relay is suppose to be. I took this pic when upgrading to a LED relay so it’s empty in the pic

033CC190-5C84-40AB-8AEE-BCFA9BC878BD.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom