No tranny cover plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

davidp14

SILVER Star
Threads
Crawled under the fzj80 today and noticed my bell housing inspection cover was gone. It was there when I did the phh 2 weeks or so ago. I'm guessing I left it on the mountain somewhere.

I already ordered a new one. My question is should I do some kind of rust prevention treatment in there? Its rained the last couple of days and I'm sure it got wet.

Don't worry Dave you will be ok.

Crawled under the fzj80 today and noticed my bell housing inspection cover was gone. It was there when I did the phh 2 weeks or so ago. I'm guessing I left it on the mountain somewhere.

I already ordered a new one. My question is should I do some kind of rust prevention treatment in there? Its rained the last couple of days and I'm sure it got wet.

OMG!

You're gonna have to sell it!

I'll give you $5K for it and come pick it up so you don't have to look at it anymore.......

waiting for someone to tell you that the head gasket is going to fail...

Mine's been missing for a few years :eek: Just ordered the one listed above. Anybody know off hand what bolts go with this dohicky?

No, I get suckered into that "logic" too. LOL

I thought about it when I was ordering, but the list of stuff I need is long and I'm not ready for that kinda hit to the CC at the moment :eek:

The design is a bit odd, IMHO. Even the inner fender skirts have little clips to hold them in. I think Mr. T could have come up with a better fastener than hope.

Finally, I can get some sleep...

rps20181025_182420.jpg

Its not strictly necessary. I knew my cruiser had one so i my old E-class in the shop once and noticed the inspection port was bare. i told the mechanic i needed to order up a cover and he said there wasnt one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom