No tech, just a 60 graphic. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had heard this before, but another LC buddy of mine seemed to think it was offensive. I wouldn't consider it deragotory towards Japanese people/culture as it is meant as a compliment, I just couldn't vouch for the general public.

Yeah, I was sort of kidding, as you probably know that I'm Japanese.

I guess it would be somewhat similar to a black(African-American) person calling himself, etc... a "n$gg#r", etc...

I would be OK, but it would probably offend a lot of Japanese who understand some/little English, especially those who endured the WWI/II era.

Carry on! ;)

I had no idea you were Japanese. As long as you're cool with it I'll get it put on a shirt, then if anyone get's offended I'll tell'em it's cool and that Mot approved it.

Unless you would really equate it with that other word that starts with the letter after M. Then I don't want anything to do with it.

Carrying on.

I had no idea you were Japanese. As long as you're cool with it I'll get it put on a shirt, then if anyone get's offended I'll tell'em it's cool and that Mot approved it.

Unless you would really equate it with that other word that starts with the letter after M. Then I don't want anything to do with it.

Carrying on.

As I've said, I would be OK with it, but it probably would offend some folks, even here on Mud who have Japanese ties.... married to one, son of one, etc... so I probably would not do it.

But I know that many folks in other parts of the globe use the term and not think twice about it being offensive.

I even had an Aussie guy ask me what it was offensive before, as I believe many Europeans do not perceive it as derogatory(sp) either.

Anyway, sorry for polluting this thread with this garbage!

Nothing to see here!!! ;)

A couple of mine...
Stout1.jpg
utilitarian1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom