No tail lights brake lights or side marker lights drivers side (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1973 FJ40 has the following issues
No drivers side...
Brake lights
Running lights
License plate light
Rear marker light
Passenger side all works
I'm mainly dealing with ...
Green wires
Green/white stripe wires
Green/ blackstrip wires
I think it may be an old 4 wire flat trailer light plug that I see no way to get to in order to remove bc there is a fuel tank with a big skid plate surrounding it.
Any help or hints would be appreciated
Thanks
Irish Wake1011

Since all left lights are not working and right side does guessing the issue is in the harness across the back. Harness comes down the right side then across the back. Tail light reverse light and side marker would all need a back ground. The tail lights marker lights all share the same wire for both sides. That is the problem with a spare tank is it blocks excess

@Irish Wake1011
1973 FJ40 has the following issues
No drivers side...
Brake lights
Running lights
License plate light
Rear marker light
Passenger side all works
I'm mainly dealing with ...
Green wires
Green/white stripe wires
Green/ blackstrip wires
I think it may be an old 4 wire flat trailer light plug that I see no way to get to in order to remove bc there is a fuel tank with a big skid plate surrounding it.
Any help or hints would be appreciated
Thanks
Irish Wake1011

I think your problem is that the splices the previous owner made to integrate the trailer connection have come apart, (or were never done correctly) resulting in the driver side wires being disconnected.

The green wire is common to the license plate light, the side marker light, and the running light in the combination lamp.

The backup lamp should be a Red/Lavender (purple) wire.

Are you combination lamps round with a single red lens, or rectangular with red/amber/white lens? It makes a difference with wire colors.

@Irish Wake1011

I think your problem is that the splices the previous owner made to integrate the trailer connection have come apart, (or were never done correctly) resulting in the driver side wires being disconnected.

The green wire is common to the license plate light, the side marker light, and the running light in the combination lamp.

The backup lamp should be a Red/Lavender (purple) wire.

Are you combination lamps round with a single red lens, or rectangular with red/amber/white lens? It makes a difference with wire colors.
They are single lens red

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom