No start LX 470, just dead, FIXED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All lights come on as normal on dash, turn key to run , everything is normal. Turn key to start and everything dies. Lights go out, radio resets, like someone has disconnected the battery.

Then, about five minutes later, all poser is back. Still no start, just a repeat of everything dies.

I suspected the immobilizer and would try to reset it and this seemed to work. But all I was doing was killing time and the time allowed the electrical system to come back.

I finally figured out that a fuse must be heating up enough to cause an electrical break. Fuses all tested good, but something was heating up, killing the electrical, then cooling off and letting electrical flow again.

The small fuse box connected to the positive battery pole was the answer. Opened it and removed a 7.5 amp fuse, cleaned the dirty contacts, and everything worked normally again.

I also installed a new main relay thinking this might be the problem. It was not, it was only a dirty fuse.

I had the same problem on a 1978 Volvo years ago. I took out all the fuses, cleaned them, and all was well. I intend to pull all the fuses on this 2000 LX soon and do the same to them.

Not sure this helps and glad you fixed it, but i had a basic key cut by Lexus using the vin. They wanted like $170 more to program, so i passed, and did it myself. Out of curiosity, I tried the key prior to programming, and it still cranked over, but did not start. It quit after 10-15 seconds. So my thought is that you issue might not be linked at all to the immobilizer. I had a 7.5 amp fuse go last spring, losing all display info, but it still ran.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom