No start- Fuel pump probable cause (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Cranks but no start. No fuel at fuel filter. Just replaced fuel pump and still no go. Checked voltage coming into fuel pump and it reads 55 volts. Any idea what's going on here? Maybe I need a new relay.

Check the ground wire on your battery terminal. Make sure it's not loose.

Cranks but no start. No fuel at fuel filter. Just replaced fuel pump and still no go. Checked voltage coming into fuel pump and it reads 55 volts. Any idea what's going on here? Maybe I need a new relay.
Do you mean 5.5 volts??? I’m not an electrician but 55v might be enough to blow up your truck.

Remeasure and report back voltage at fuel pump input please. No key, key inserted, ACC, and IG ON

Ok this is weird

No Key/Key Inserted/Acc 5 to 6 volts

IGn on 50v

Starting 10.5 volts

Checked fuel filter, no gas

If this is a 2006, it’s probably the fuel pump, especially if it was a hot day. The early 2006s came with the pre-VVTI pump and were quickly subbed out with a more better fuel pump part way through the production year.

I just swopped out Fuel pump- Perhaps I did install wrong. How can I check the new pump without blowing myself up?

Ok, I just bought a spare 5 pin connector. Gonna hook that up to power and see if I get fuel out of my fuel filter. If that proves that the pump is working my next step will probably be to tow truck to repair shop. Further repairs are above my pay grade.

So I tested fuel pump and I get fuel through the filter. When turning key it feels like its almost going to start so I'm pretty sure its a fuel starvation issue. What do I check next?

There are some semi-recent posts of how to hook up a fuel pressure gauge to ensure it is in spec

Rookie mistake. I re-inspected my fuel pump install. I didn't connect pump to rubber hose inside tank correctly so was obviously not holding pressure. Redid this and it started. Thanks for all the help. Most challenging part was finding the right pump as aftermarket. My particular model (2006, built April 2005) has some nuances in this regard. Eventually used sequoia pump. Would not have been able to do this without this forum

Since you just replaced your fuel pump, check if you installed back again to the new fuel pump the rubber o-ring.
1213AF40-F5E1-41E7-855B-2189E9F8ED4C.jpeg

Check pic, the oem one still has that o-ring gasket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom