No Start, all of the sudden. Help! B2799 and B2796 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, my 2001 LC (280,000 miles) recently failed to start. I was on a road trip of over 2k miles and the land cruiser performed flawlessly. I was getting 14~18 mpg on the highway, not burning oil, no adverse weather (rain or otherwise). I ran OBD codes andgot B2799 and B2796 error codes. I have the valet and the master key on the ring. The fob will unlock/lock the doors (battery isn’t dead in fob) I have plenty of cranking ability. The shop wasn’t able to pull the same codes, but I told them what I found. It’s been 36 hours in the shop now with no diagnosis. Does anyone have any ideas on the culprit or fail post so I can relay it to the shop? TIA!

I would check the security light and if it's blinking or out when the key is inserted and search for the immobilizer bypass thread
Copy, the light is still flashing when keys are out and he doors are locked. The light should disappear when the key is inserted and cranking, correct?

Copy, the light is still flashing when keys are out and he doors are locked. The light should disappear when the key is inserted and cranking, correct?
Correct.

UPDATE. shop is claiming it’s a fuel issue, they can get it running when spraying starter fluid, so ignitionis working and immobilizer may not be the culprit. I’m getting codes B2799, B2796 and B2798. We are going to check fuel pump next. Security alarm code light does turn off while turning key to accessory and cranking.

UPDATE. shop is claiming it’s a fuel issue, they can get it running when spraying starter fluid, so ignitionis working and immobilizer may not be the culprit. I’m getting codes B2799, B2796 and B2798. We are going to check fuel pump next. Security alarm code light does turn off while turning key to accessory and cranking.
What was the issue? I’m experiencing the same thing

What was the issue? I’m experiencing the same thing
Check your EFI fuse and relay in fuse box under hood. Look for burnt/black marks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom