No start 99lx470. Replaced fuse box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any seggestions on what my no start problem is? Just bought it and was told it was the efi/ junction box issue. Just replaced the whole fuse box and still no start. Where do I check next. Fuel pump, coil packs, etc have all been replaced.

Back story. Just purchased non running with a fair amount of maintenance done to it for $3k. Rust isn’t awful but present.

Fuel, air, spark. I'd verify that you're getting fuel at the injectors, that you're getting spark at the plugs, and that there's nothing obstructing the intake. Beyond that I'd look at the immobilizer system. Check the blinking security light.

Well.. you purchased a non-running vehicle. Do not believe the owner. If the issue is the junction box why the seller fixed and sold it for a higher price?

Anyways, are the parts replaced OEM or A/M? If A/M, then who knows their quality. You may have a clogged fuel filter. Did you try to spray some brake cleaner into the air intake while cranking the engine? If this starts the engine, then there is an issue with fuel (How old is the fuel) delivery.

Do you get spark at all 8 plugs?

How about the timing? IS there a timing belt inside?

Well.. you purchased a non-running vehicle. Do not believe the owner. If the issue is the junction box why the seller fixed and sold it for a higher price?

Anyways, are the parts replaced OEM or A/M? If A/M, then who knows their quality. You may have a clogged fuel filter. Did you try to spray some brake cleaner into the air intake while cranking the engine? If this starts the engine, then there is an issue with fuel (How old is the fuel) delivery.

Do you get spark at all 8 plugs?

How about the timing? IS there a timing belt inside?
Sorry I couldn’t get the video to up load. Security light goes away when key is inserted during cranking. No rpm’s while cranking. Will check with break cleaner if that does anything.
Maybe crank sensor could be the culprit?

Fuel, air, spark. I'd verify that you're getting fuel at the injectors, that you're getting spark at the plugs, and that there's nothing obstructing the intake. Beyond that I'd look at the immobilizer system. Check the blinking security light.
Blinking key security light goes away when key is inserted. Will check around Intake this evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom