No Speedometer Odometer as well as no CDL light. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need some help diagnosing a problem. Got in my 1995 80 series and no speedo and Odometer. So I got on Mud and read all of the no speedo threads. my VSS tested fine so I pulled the cluster and swapped out with another still no Speedo. Then I noticed my CDL light is not coming on. My actuator is locking when put into four low. It seems looking at my speedo cable that it connects into the same loom as CDL switch. So I am thinking a break in the harness is effecting both of these problems. I have also checked all fuses as well. I am wondering if anyone has experienced this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Remove the connector to the CDL sensor/switch on the front side of the transfer case. Short the two pins together in the connector on the wiring harness. With the ignition turned on that should illuminate the dash light. If it does then your harness is OK and the problem is more than likely the sensor switch on the transfer case.

Remove the connector to the CDL sensor/switch on the front side of the transfer case. Short the two pins together in the connector on the wiring harness. With the ignition turned on that should illuminate the dash light. If it does then your harness is OK and the problem is more than likely the sensor switch on the transfer case.
I Have tested everything and I think it has to be wiring harness on top the transfer case. I am trying to figure out the easiest way to access the harness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom