No spark after running great today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the new coil on and it would not crank. Engine turns but no firing. I left all the plugs in but removed the #5 plug wire and put a spark plug on it and grounded the tip to the body and briefly SPARK! it started to fire up but after just a few sparks, no more spark. That reassured me that this doesn’t appear to be the EFI system cutting the spark and fuel but rather a short somewhere. i checked Every wire at the fusible links and though there is some fraying, I could not find a variation in voltage with wiggling the leads. I guess I will start at the battery and replace all of the cables and usable links. DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD SOURCE FOR CABLE SETS PREMADE? I am working through the vendor section starting in Texas and moving out from here. Thx. So hoping this is not the igniter. D

@Forerunner Makes battery kits. I would also check all fuses.

Has the truck been sitting long? I’m wondering if the fuel or fuel filter plugged up. If your getting good spark, I’d start looking at fuel and air.

Has the truck been sitting long? I’m wondering if the fuel or fuel filter plugged up. If your getting good spark, I’d start looking at fuel and air.
Please see above. Sorry so long. No spark or rather intermittent spark. Runs great or no spark alternately. Just replaced the fuel filter last night!

Im calling them now! Thx for the tip. D

Im calling them now! Thx for the tip. D

I tagged the wrong person. Similar name. Here is the correct guy.

I tagged the wrong person. Similar name. Here is the correct guy.

Sweet. On it. Hope the other dude doesn’t mind the new conversation. Thx again. D

DONE! I hope. I started again at the battery and worked my way down to the distributor. I think when I replaced the wires for the new distributor cap, I didn’t get a good seat at the coil. Works consistently now. I now realize why a number of threads end in no resolution. Sometimes it’s kinda humbling. Thanks you all for the excellent feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom