1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sleep 'til Brooklyn yo...

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by macneill, Aug 22, 2006.

1. macneill

macneill Rollin’ on 33s

After 15 years of living in this damn city, we finally moved to another borough, Brooklyn.

More space, peace and quiet, trees, two blocks from Prospect Park. Still no garage or driveway yet though. That'll be in the next move to the burbs. :hillbilly:

Last two nights we actually slept with the windows open to the sound of crickets and woke to the sound of birds.

Sure beats car alarms, trash trucks, car stereos, motorcycles and screaming drunks.

Now it's just screaming babies.

2. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

3. macneill

macneill Rollin’ on 33s

Not that brave yet. Park Slope.

4. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

that's still pretty trendy, too -- though biggie smalls never rapped about it -- :D

hopefully there's not the smut and s*** on your window-sill that happens after a night of leaving the window cracked when living in manhattan -- :|

e

5. Jman

Jman

Yeah, like no s***--welcome to sanity. I lived at PPW and 11th for a few years, with a view of the park, and biked in the park every a.m., year round, rain or shine. Going down that hill in January still makes me shiver. . . .

6. Johnnymiz

Johnnymiz

great neighborhood. nicer and cheaper than manhattan. i drive through there 3 times a week on my way from wall street to the inerboro parkway....right thru the crown heights/bed stuy/east new york area....nice areas ;)

7. fsusteve

fsusteve

Media:
    Albums:
    Gee, I never thought of Brooklyn as country living...

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">