No sanp ring on front axles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
More than a year ago one of my stock hubs went TU. Don't remember if it was price or availabilty, but I replaced them with Selectro hubs. Well the snap ring would not go back on. I'll try to use the bolt trick I've read about here to pull the axle out and get the ring on. At this point though, I'm concerned about damage that might have been done. There is a klunk sometimes at the left wheel when I turn, but I think that it may be a spring. So my questions are, would no snap rings cause a klunk? If I can't get the snap rings back on, do I go back to stock hubs. I am not a rockcrawler, only an occasional off road driver to get to where I want to go, so I am not in 4x4 often.

I'm not sure about Selectro, but Warn screws into the end of the axle

the selectros are probably for an older cruiser. So they are a bit long for your rig. Get a 8mm bolt and a big fender washer. That shoudl keep the birf from sliding in too much and binding.

That being said. The stock Aisins are MUCH straonger than the selectro's. I would go back to stock IMHO

I was expecting to hear something like that. I still have the Aisin hubs, one of which is still good. My cruiser sat for a couple years before I bouhgt it and went straight to get rebuilt. After I got it back and drove it awhile, I went to lock the hubs in and the one that doesn't work was halfway locked. Don't know if that was the root of the problem. For now I'll do the bolt and washer. Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom