No rear brakes and other weird brake issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
9/94 FZJ80. Rear brakes either arent working at all or are barely working. Front pads have only 4k on them and they are on the squealers. Rear pads are 8k old and look like new. Ive bled the piss out of them. I did find what might be a small fluid leak at a rear line, but i think its just leftover from changing the lines that i thought were the problem.

The truck is lifted but i moved the lpsv arm up the same amount that i lifted it.

Also, i have no brakes in low range. Pedal is rock hard in low range. If the a/c idle up kicks in at idle with the brakes on, the truck moves and i cant do anything about it.

Any ideas or similar problems. I searched a little but didnt really find anything that seemed similar to my problem.

Thanks in advance.

check the brake master cylinder to see it it is working and also the booster if the booster isnt working the brakes go super hard to use on crusiers harder than most other cars

the problem might be stuck rear caliper pistons. may be rusted bad. or your lspv might be worn out

Rear calipes are working. One is new. I replaced the lpsv with a known working one. Doesnt mean it didnt go bad tho. What happens if i just remove it?

If the master is bad, would it allow only the front brakes to work correctly and not fully apply the rears?

Thanks in advance,

The truck is lifted but i moved the lpsv arm up the same amount that i lifted it.

How far did you adjust your LSPV? The same amount you lifted it? 2-3 inches?

Have you tried moving it back to stock?

If the master is bad, would it allow only the front brakes to work correctly and not fully apply the rears?

There are two separate hoses, one to the front and one to the rear. The one to the rear could be kinked or plugged.

I would suggest getting a brake line pressure test kit and testing the pressure at various points. That'd tell you exactly what's getting pressure, and how much?

How far did you adjust your LSPV? The same amount you lifted it? 2-3 inches?

I will put my bet on it .. move it down all the way and test your brakes in a safe clean area .. then adjust acordinly .. if you look here around you will found a thread with info how to adjust it .. ( or always you can buy a bracket from MAF .. )

Rear calipes are working. One is new. I replaced the lpsv with a known working one. Doesnt mean it didnt go bad tho. What happens if i just remove it?

Thanks in advance,

Yes it can because that happened to me. I replaced the master and that was all I needed.

Kalawang

He said he adjusted-(slide) the lspv up... isn't it supposed to be adjusted down... By going up you are going to loose rear brake pressure, and down should increase it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom