1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No PWR light on dash when button pressed

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by offroadkid, Feb 9, 2004.

1. offroadkid

offroadkid

Albums:
    I never tried it, but then today in the driveway, I pressed the PWR button, and no light came on. When the 2nd button is pressed, I do get an indicator light. I guess I need to take it to Toyota and hope it's covered under my extended warr? I was just wondering if anyone else had this happen?

2. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Surrounded by Cruisers from all over the world
    Have you driven the vehicle with the PWR button on? It is likely that it does work but the bulb could be burned out. The transmission will hold the shift pounts higher during part throttle operation compared to button off. The shift points are not affected at WOT, the transmission shifts at the same points regardless of button selection.

3. Safado

Safado

Not a full Hijack, but close.

So I noticed that at night when I turn the lights on, the bulb in the ECT button seems burned out. Is this fixable, or does the button need to be replaced? If so, how many :banana:'s and is the bulb standard?

Thanks

4. offroadkid

offroadkid

Albums:
    I fixed it!! Like C-dan said, it was a bulb. I removed the instrument cluster, and in the back (middle), the indicator module unclips and when pulled-out, you can access all the PRND2L, PWR, 2nd, and the backlight bulbs. I found out that my backlight bulb was burned-out also. It took two 90072-02005 bulbs. So, that's all. Just a follow-up to my original post :beer: