No Power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I have no power, it takes 3 or 4 minutes to get to 35 MPH, it was sort of intermittent and I thought it might be bad fuel but that didn't turn out to be true. I noticed the top cable (the one with the little stop on it) was off out of the channel where the throttle cable tracks over the cam shaped part. I put it back in place and all the sudden had all the power back. Then on the same test drive after stopping at a stop sign, it went back to no power. I placed a zip tie (to temporarily see if that slipping off was really it) and it went back to no power still. My question (because I can't find the info in my Toyota Manual) is: should the housing for the top cable which routes over to my computer I think, be longer so there isn't so much bare cable? Could this adjustment be my problem?

Acceleration problem.jpg

I'm thinking the top cable is for aftermarket cruise control. it won't be in the manual

I'm thinking the top cable is for aftermarket cruise control. it won't be in the manual
Yes that's probably right. My cruise control is disconnected. Maybe a coincidence as to why it seemed to gain power when I initially looped that wire back on the cam. Or maybe I did something else and didn't realize it. But thanks for the reply

Check the distributor cap. I had a similar problem one time. Turned out the rotor and cap needed replaced. was running on half my cylinders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom