No power to radio or antenna (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys. I have a 99' LC100 4.2 diesel.
I have an aftermarket head unit on it. The car has been sitting for a couple months. Everything was working perfect a couple months ago, but now, I have no power to my radio or antenna.
I checked the fuse my head unit has, all good. Cheked the engine bay 20A fuse and driver side 15A fuse. All of them were good. I even interchanged them with other fuses, but still, nothing.
I put the factory radio back on it, and it still doesn't work.

I guess the next step is to put the multimeter and check every wire ?
I'm quite a beginner when it comes to electronics, but am willing to learn.

Anyone had this problem before? Or anyone with more knowledge willing to tell me where to start?

Thanks in advance:)!

This is a blind-leading-the-blind reply: Since the rig sat for a while, is it possible that varmints gnawed on wiring somewhere? TO narrow down the most likely places, you might need a wiring diagram. And this brings me to my second pointer: the Factory Service Manual. Grab a copy of this from somewhere online ( you might need to reorganize the pages in the PDF) and study the wiring diagrams to figure out where your failures might be traced to in the harness. The process of interpretation is not for the faint of heart or for those who don't have disposable time.

If it were me, I'd find a mechanic to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom