No power to bluetooth add-on (BT45-TOY) / no power to rear DVD (?) / troubleshooting help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I posted recently asking for help about trying to add a BT45-TOY bluetooth adapter to my 2006 LX470. In short, I was connecting the BT45 correctly (to my knowledge) but was not seeing any bluetooth signal on my phone. I reached out to USA Spec, and their first question was whether the USB port on the BT45 would charge my phone (i.e., is it a bluetooth issue or a power issue). No luck - I could not charge a phone through the BT45. USA Spec's next advice was to check the voltage on two specific pins on the cable going into the BT45. They were supposed to be 12 V coming from the radio to power the device, but I did not read any voltage when I put one lead of the multimeter on each pin at the same time.

I don't expect USA Spec to have much additional advice, since it seems like the issue is power NOT coming from my radio / head unit to give the BT45 power and not an issue with the device itself (though I would love to be corrected).

Does anyone know why my (stock to my knowledge) radio would not be outputting power into the 12 pin cable or how to diagnose further? One thing that I think may be related is that the rear headliner-mounted DVD player does not seem to power on. When I go to the "DISPLAY" menu on the nav / head unit touchscreen, the "REAR OFF" button is highlighted and seems to stay that way. When I flip down the DVD player in the back and press some of those control buttons, nothing seems to happen (however, this is without a DVD present, as I didn't have any DVDs to try), whereas reading around the forums it seems like I would expect the screen to at least light up or show the Lexus logo or something.

Any advice on how to fix, troubleshoot, or where to research further would be greatly appreciated!

Hi all, I posted recently asking for help about trying to add a BT45-TOY bluetooth adapter to my 2006 LX470. In short, I was connecting the BT45 correctly (to my knowledge) but was not seeing any bluetooth signal on my phone. I reached out to USA Spec, and their first question was whether the USB port on the BT45 would charge my phone (i.e., is it a bluetooth issue or a power issue). No luck - I could not charge a phone through the BT45. USA Spec's next advice was to check the voltage on two specific pins on the cable going into the BT45. They were supposed to be 12 V coming from the radio to power the device, but I did not read any voltage when I put one lead of the multimeter on each pin at the same time.

I don't expect USA Spec to have much additional advice, since it seems like the issue is power NOT coming from my radio / head unit to give the BT45 power and not an issue with the device itself (though I would love to be corrected).

Does anyone know why my (stock to my knowledge) radio would not be outputting power into the 12 pin cable or how to diagnose further? One thing that I think may be related is that the rear headliner-mounted DVD player does not seem to power on. When I go to the "DISPLAY" menu on the nav / head unit touchscreen, the "REAR OFF" button is highlighted and seems to stay that way. When I flip down the DVD player in the back and press some of those control buttons, nothing seems to happen (however, this is without a DVD present, as I didn't have any DVDs to try), whereas reading around the forums it seems like I would expect the screen to at least light up or show the Lexus logo or something.

Any advice on how to fix, troubleshoot, or where to research further would be greatly appreciated!
I am having the same problem…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom