No Power Steering (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thursday on my way out to hunt elk my fan bearing blew taking out my radiator, fan, and belt. I replaced everything and the truck ran awesome for about 250.

Then out in nowhere the power steering stopped working. I don't see how it's all related but?

The pump makes no noises. I can see the flow in the reservoir, flushed the fluid today. I have receipts on the rack replacement it has about 10,000 on it.

I'm thinking about just throwing on a new pump and rack, but want to know if there is any other way to isolate the issue so I know which part is bad.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Jim

What year is it? I’ve got a early model reman rack here I can’t use. Not sure how many miles on it but it doesn’t look that used. Let me know if you’re interested, I don’t have much in it.

I lost mine a few months back when a return hose started leaking and wouldn’t keep enough fluid in the system. I was able to replace the hoses, refill, and was good to go. Sounds like you don’t have an obvious leak though...

I've replaced every bit of my system except the rack and I've never had a total lack of PS, when it was leaking I had a lot of groaning but it still worked. Now my gearbox is sucking air at the input (and leaking everywhere) but it still works. Not sure how to troubleshoot that issue. 🤔

I would go pump, sounds like something may have sheared internally.

I ran across a post about a guy with a Tacoma having the same situation after doing a bunch of donuts.

On my trip I fell into a snow covered ditch and it took a bit of work to get out, but most of the time my wheel was cranked all the way to the left. Turns out having your wheel cranked to lock starves the pump of fluid. I threw in a new pump, air valve and all is well.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom