No power steering? What to do? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It doesn't make any noise or anything it just stopped working. The belt is plenty tight. Just wondering what you guys run for pumps. I am really low on the cash so I was just gonna get one down at Auto Zone for $100. looks pretty easy to install.

sounds like a pretty good price. they are kind of a PITA to install though because the mounting bracket bolts are tucked way under the manifold on the block. just awkward. it is not as straight foreward as it looks it would be as it is in plain sight. have fun

I have a smog pump but it is not hooked to anything. is there a way to gut it? or a way to know if it is gutted already? thanks

With the cheap pumps, I figure you have a 50/50 chance of getting one that actually works. Do a search for PS pump replacement i this forum. There are several things worth checking before you install the rebuilt pump.

STOP STOP STOP!!!!!I hate to say it, but you DONT HAVE TO REMOVER THE BRACKET!!!!
do a search for my recent power steering issues!!!!

Go Ome

The best advice I can give is to go OME, or rebuild yours yourself.
A few people have had issues with the cheap ones, and unless you dont mind going in there over and over (more time than money) just do it once and do it right.
My OME was about 300.00 from CDan!
Toad

The pump from Auto zone has a lifetime warranty so I'll chance it. I bet you don't get that with an OME.

ive been through 3 power steering pumps in my 60, and it still doesnt work.
well, sometimes it does. maybe its the gear box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom