No one can figure it out ! Alignment Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2018 LX570 - car has always pulled to the Right and ive had to hold the wheel slighty left to go straight . Dealer said its normal with those 21" tires they put it on the rack and showed me all parameters were green . Went to a indy shop and they said the same , so I moved on . I rotated the tires at 20K and noticed the front 2 tires has more wear on the inside threads , went to another indy shop for a alignment and they also confirmed everything was green and nothing needed , went to another local lexus dealer said they aligned it but no sheet provided and said the TECH also said the trunk does wander around a bit but its a big truck with 21" wheels and its normal UGH . Well I just hit 35k miles and decided it needed new tires - i stepped down to 20" wheels and put some new rubber on it . And it STILL pulled to the right , if i hold wheel straight itll switch into the right lane .

Well I went to a indy shop and they aligned it , and said left front was out of spec so they realigned it and provided this sheet. Got on the highway with brand new wheels and tires , realigned and it still drifts into the right lane so im still holding the wheel slightly left to go straight . The shop and Lexus inspected all suspension components and confirmed its all tight and within specs, ive had the truck since new , no accidents , no off-roading , just a highway cruiser. I've attached a photo of the Left tire which shows heavy inner wear and the alignment before and after . The car was aligned with AHC OFF if that matters ? What are my next steps here ? Im at a point where Im ready to sell the truck =/ . Is there a GOOD indy shop near OKC/Dallas area i should try next that knows these trucks the best ??

unnamed.jpg

tirewear.jpg

Your after alignemnt is much better but i think you would beneift from upping the right front caster to above 3.5 degrees. If i remember correctly the LX calls for more caster then the Land Cruiser so getting that front right to around 3.7-4.0 degrees should improve the slight pull.
I have noticed a slight pull to the right (have to hold wheel to the left) when I didnt have slightly more caster on my passenger side. This is typically due to the slope in the road or road crown that is more noticeable when on the highway.
There is alot of good stuff here on mud covering this exact issue and subject that others have experienced, try a few different searches and you can read up on this for specifics on your LX's alignment.

Last edited:
+1 to caster being the likely cause.

Find some LOCAL auto enthusiast groups and ask for a recommendation for a quality alignment shop. They are absolutely NOT all the same.

For the record, ‘14 LX here on 20in wheels and no pulling anywhere.

Depending on the curvature of the road, I too need to hold my wheel a certain direction - on all 4 Cruisers (3x 200)

I have also observed accelerated inner front tire wear on the LX’s likely due to the AHC lowering function at speed.

My 09 LX doesn’t pull but I have noticed that the front tires wear on the inside more and the rears wear more on the outside. I’ve not gotten an alignment since owning the car but with the cost of new rubber these days I’m getting more motivated.

Why are they aligning with AHC off? Allow the car to find neutral height then adjust.

Other thing I'm seeing is the rear axle thrust angle looks pretty off. The whole axle looks to be pointed to the driver side, basically rear steering the car to the right. Which is why you're compensating to the left. The rear axle doesn't really have any alignment adjustments which is why it's grayed out. The only way its thrust angle is as such is if AHC is not at neutral height, you're modified with sensor lift or it's out of adjustment, or you've bent a rear lower trailing arm (check the passenger side one).

Experienced what you're talking. When I got my LX. I chocked it up to lack of rotating tires and them being cupped....while also needing a alignment. I did a sensor lift to level the truck and put on some 33s. Did notice on high the wheels tow in alot. But. That'll only be off road. Regardless I took it to a shop that I've seen handle 4x4 of all kinds and was recommended to me. Explained everything I was experiencing. This is what he gave it back to me as and it's completely fixed the issue. Tracks straight as can be.

PXL_20230123_030101956.MP.jpg

To highlight, OPs rear thrust angle is .23. Significant enough that it will definitely affect directionality.

@dingoboyexplore is -.06. Mine, modified is .10.

I wouldn't worry about thrust angle. The front wheels are aligned to the thrust angle, and 0.23 degrees isn't bad. While your after alignment is all green, it isn't good. Caster will start to cause a pull at 0.5 degrees and with it higher on the left coupled with road crown the vehicle will pull to the right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom