No Oil Pressure! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I actually have it, it just doesn't read on the gauge. I got a new sender from SOR, and the gauge said that I had pressure for about 30 seconds, then dropped to zero. It's not clogged, because I cleaned the sender out, and then started the car up for a sec and squirted a bunch of oil out. Could it be the gauge? Also, how many wires am I supposed to have on the sender? There is only one coming off of mine.

Thanks!

one wire, there is often a ground tab on the sender too, don't hook it to that or you will fry your gauge.. Your gauge could be bad or ? I think there is specs for testing in the manual.. use a mechanical pressure gauge to test for true PSI.

Hmm. I only have a blade type fitting on the sender, that what I'm hooked into. It's always been there.

Hooks to the center of the unit. NOT the blade,its the ground. MIke

Hmm. I only have a blade type fitting on the sender, that what I'm hooked into. It's always been there.

IF you hooked to the blade connector on the outer edge vs the round 'nub' in the center of the sender, then that's why your gauge died so quickly. Time for a new gauge, as it's probably fried. Feel free to search this section to confirm what we're saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom