No oil pressure after oilchange (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, my 80 fj40 is running fine this 6 year, no trouble at all, change the oil a couple times. But last week, i change my oil and when i drive it, it had no oil pressure. After couple minutes it comes up and stay at 3/4 like always. Now after a week, when i start it, it got no oil pressure again and didnt come back, what when wrong with my cruiser guys? You guys ever come with trouble like this?

did you pull the distributor out? has to fit back down into the slot at bottom.

Hope you used the copper washer on the drain plug, or it will leak a lot.

Hello, my 80 fj40 is running fine this 6 year, no trouble at all, change the oil a couple times. But last week, i change my oil and when i drive it, it had no oil pressure. After couple minutes it comes up and stay at 3/4 like always. Now after a week, when i start it, it got no oil pressure again and didnt come back, what when wrong with my cruiser guys? You guys ever come with trouble like this?

Your oil pressure sending unit is right under your oil filter housing / filter itself , while spinning off your filter or spinning on your

new one u may have knocked off your sending unit sensor wire , This has happened to me when the old filter i was taking off

slipped off to the side , its also happened when i pushed paper towels to try to sop up the oil that leaks out of the filter as its

being removed Do not assume just because it looks attached it is , it can be in a limbo position between on and off

Hopefully this is your problem .....

Your oil pressure sending unit is right under your oil filter housing / filter itself , while spinning off your filter or spinning on your

new one u may have knocked off your sending unit sensor wire , This has happened to me when the old filter i was taking off

slipped off to the side , its also happened when i pushed paper towels to try to sop up the oil that leaks out of the filter as its

being removed Do not assume just because it looks attached it is , it can be in a limbo position between on and off

Hopefully this is your problem .....

if it is disconnected, be certain, to re-attach to the center post of the sender only. there is a male spade on some senders, do not attach to this, it will ruin the guage

Old leaking sending unit & Sketchy Sensor wire

New OEM Toyota sending Unit & Yellow w/ black tracer stripe OEM wire & New Special " Button Type " sensor connector

DSCN3513.JPG
DSCN3673.JPG
DSCN4306.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom