No Name 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This 80 has an auxiliary fuel tank, but I have not used it yet. Does anyone have recommendations for what would be smart to do or check before using the tank?

If you haven't already, maybe check the fuel isn't dirty.
Otherwise, hit the sub tank button and use up the fuel that's in it.

The hdj80 subtank system has two 3way solenoid valves that switch pickup and return line from main tank to subtank.

When you draw fuel from the sub tank, the spill/return line goes back to the sub tank too. This is because the diesel injection pump relies on recirculating unused fuel back to the tank to lubricate and cool the injection pump.

I used to run the main tank until close to empty, then use the subtank. Refill both together.
This keeps fresh fuel in the sub tank so you don't have to worry about algae growing in the tank.
My diesel cruisers were always daily drivers, so the fuel was being refreshed regularly.

Where did you find the weathstripping? Did you replace on outside of windows as well? Mine is dry rotted from the texas heat. Need to replace a lot of rubber on the outside. Looking for a source.

Check partsouq.com

Search the 80 section for part numbers, or use diagrams on partsouq. There's a couple of threads that list out all the parts

So my rear passenger window failed to roll up by about an inch today. When switched to go down I heard the glass drop and the window was gone. Pulled the door card and the wheel that rides in the bottom of the regulator was out. I worked the window up and got the wheel back in. See the video below where at one point in the travel both up and down, the wheel is partially out the end of the rail. Are there any suggestions on an adjustment to make? I'd hope to not have the window drop out again.

Been awhile since I worked on a rear door but there are four 10mm bolts that hold the regulator in place.

If you can run the glass all the way up (closed) you can loosen all four bolts then push up on the regulator arm so the green wheel is fully inside the rail, then re-tighten the four bolts while holding the glass/rail up. If any of those bolts are loose that could explain the cause for the wheel to come out of the rail. Some variation of that process should work (that's by memory so may not be exact).

Be sure to fully re-seal the vapor (water) barrier when you put the door back together. Use the butyl rubber "rope" that is still there, get some more if need-be, and use vinyl tape to seal any holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom