No more land cruisers for USA ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, Motor Trend is reporting no more Land Cruisers in 2022 for USA. I hope this is not so. Mike

Better buy yourself one of the 2019 ‘heritage’ editions then. Or better yet. Buy two.....

Or buy one of these 70 series

Last edited:
The articles I have read said the end of the 200 series. I think Toyota is enjoying the hype its created. My money is on them releasing a 300 series at some point. I don't see them walking away from their flagship SUV. The talk of 70 series making it here is all generated by Cruiserheads. Toyota will never bring that to the states, nor will they ever build a new FJ40, they are too conservative of a car company to take risks. Meanwhile Jeep sales are through the roof. If they had brought back a true FJ40 style convertible truck instead of the FJ Cruiser they would have cut deep into Jeep's marketshare. Jeep owns that market now and man do they sell a s***-ton of them.

Hi, Why Toyota does not ask customers what they want is difficult for me to understand. I've been lucky enough to travel overseas and drive 70s etc. they are excellent and highly regarded overseas. Most of the ones I've been in are pretty simple and clean looking ,no fancy gadgets. I think these would sell easily in the USA. Mike

Hi, Motor Trend is reporting no more Land Cruisers in 2022 for USA. I hope this is not so. Mike

Mike unless you're a geezer like me you may as well resign yourself to owning an electric vehicles or taking the (electric) bus. It's just a matter of time. This thanks to the so called goal of "zero emissions".

"The elite have long abhorred the unfettered condition of the working masses. They ignore the public transportation so thoughtfully provided for them. Instead they chose to wander about at will in their horrid little smog belchers, without so much as a travel permit." ~ I cannot recall the author but it was not me.

"Go ahead, it's a free country.".......When was the last time you heard that phrase used?

"If you're happy, rattle yer chains."

The LC has not been a very big seller for Toyota, and the shrinking profit margins have made it even less appealing for them to continue paying premiums to import them. The Sequoia is the replacement. Made here, bigger, and a TRD Pro is coming. It seems like the most (ill)logical choice.

Mercedes seems to have no problem selling their 4 wheel drive wagon,even with its square design and price tag. Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom