No low beam on P. Side (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
73 model - FJ40 with 2F engine.
No Low beam P side headlight. However I do have a High beam headlight on the P side but not near as strong as the D side. Also I've checked the voltage on both wires when the switch is on. Voltage reads 7. 60 on High beam for both D/P sides but the voltage on the low beam wire on the P side reads .03 at numerous checks throughout the wire all the way to where it enters the dash. Also the pedestal lights on the passenger side do not work but the front P side marker light does work. I have also pulled the bulb on the P side pedestal light and it works fine on the D side. Haven't switched the headlights yet. Not a mechanic!!! Why would the high beam work and the low beam not if I had a bad ground? Or if my switch was going bad? Are both high beam and low beam wires connected to the same fuse? Lots of questions...Any help or direction from here is definitely appreciated!

You need a wire diagram. Looks like the side marker lamp, apron lamp, and headlight do not share common grounds. You should check them all with your MM (pos on batt pos ground to the grounds, see difference between it and straight to batt neg, shouldn't be more than a volt difference). The low and high beams share wires. You could always check grounds or positive by making a jumper and going straight from you batt pos to each pos wire on low and high beams, then go from batt neg to each ground separately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom