No heat today after runaway hot air yesterday (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hope everyone Is doing well. Yesterday my wife drove our 2004 LX470 and the air was coming out full blast max heat. She didnt try turning off the vehicle but nothing she could do would change the settings.

Today I took it out and I could change any blower settings successfully but after a half hour of driving could get no hot air at all.

I just went out to the still warm vehicle to start it up and make sure my T's were all hot And everything, and they were. So I tried the heat and it's now working perfectly.

Any suggestions on what is causing the intermittent issue? Temps were in the teens this morning so I really cant leave the wife and our 1 and 2 year olds without heat. Thanks in advance.

I would say blend door. Could be a clogged heater core but unlikely. What coolant temps are you seeing during this? Check the coolant level in the radiator once it's cool.

Rad was full but reservoir was at low so I added about a quart to that. Good to know I'm back at capacity.

Can I check the exact coolant temp through the cluster? I used to be able to do that on my 2002 bmw.

Could the heater being stuck on max temp and high be a sign of the heater blower motor resistor on it's way out?

Rad was full but reservoir was at low so I added about a quart to that. Good to know I'm back at capacity.

Can I check the exact coolant temp through the cluster? I used to be able to do that on my 2002 bmw.

Could the heater being stuck on max temp and high be a sign of the heater blower motor resistor on it's way out?

You’ll need a OBDII reader to get the exact coolant temp. There are several options and a search will provide a plethora of information. Personally I use a ScanGauge and have for the last 12 years. It’s a great diagnostic tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom