No Headlights, taillights, brake light & no power to cluster. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently imported RHD 1981 FJ-40 and have no headlights, tail lights, brake lights, horn and nothing works in Gauge Cluster. Blinker and wipers work but blinkers have fast blinking. Getting power to the fuse box and all fuses. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Make sure everything has a good ground. Powerprobe makes this fast and easy.

AMEKHAN, you will need to chase these indivdually and spend the time... not hard just time ...
Judger makes a great point a MULTIMETER will save you a ton of time and get the ELEC diagrams from Coolerman - a search in this forum will find them

Also, not to harp on the ground issue (or earth depending upon your region), but making sure you clean your main grounds make a huge difference in your nominal voltage throughout your system. I went from 11.9-12.0 volts in my fuse block, to 12.3-12.4 volts throughout just by cleaning the main grounds to the frame.
As Eaj71 said, take your time and go through each wiring circuit using the diagram and either a multimeter or a powerprobe

Good luck

Check the 2 wires on your amp meter in the cluster, be sure you have 12v going to it.

Be careful when you check the cluster, don’t short it out. First remove the Neg cable at the battery, pull the cluster back, reattach the battery cable...and only then see if you have 12v to the amp meter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom