no go on the Geo Metro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I tried. I have GM calipers front and rear. I thought I would try the Geo Metro booster and M/C but apparently it just doesn't move enough fluid. I like the pedal feel but the pedal just never firms up. I tried every way of bleeding the system (even bought a motive bleeder and then took it to a professional brake shop just to make sure) thinking that I had trapped air but still no luck. My main problem is that my rig is a 67 and my options are limited without cutting the firewall rib. I like how the Geo Metro setup looked and it was easy to hook up but just too soft and never could get the brakes to lock up either front or rear. Thoughts? Advise? I have read every thread there is here on brakes but I was hoping to 1) avoid cutting the firewall rib 2) run a booster 3) run the popular GM brake calipers. Not sure exactly which way to go now.
Thanks

Does the metro booster have a residual valve? Do the brakes get hard if you pump them.

Geo booster

I have GM calipers on the rear, OEM drums on the front. I have a 67 as well. The Geo booster works great. As far as the firewall rib, I couldnt have cared less about cutting/notching it back so it would fit. The end result was great brakes, etc

The Geo Booster in your case, if it is not defective, is NOT your problem> The Geo booster has plenty of stroke and pressure to push GM calipers in all four corners

Double check your bleed, ensure you have a good porportioning valve, etc

I have ran into trouble getting brakes bled, I put the tools down and tried again the next day and had better luck. Residual valves can help with pedal travel, IIRC 6lbs for drums, 2lbs for discs.

Were you able to bench bleed the master?

Maybe remove the caliper to ensure the bleed screw is on the top? Be sure to put a block between the pads if you do.

Did you make sure you bench bled the master? I put a geo metro with 1978 fj40 brake system and it works fine. Once bled and discs pushed close to the rotors how much more fluid could they use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom