No gear unless VSC is off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 07 with 225k miles. Last week I pulled out of a parking lot and suddenly there's a loud vibration / grinding sound. No response from the throttle and I thought the drive shaft was dragging on the ground. Coasted to a stop and nothing hanging down, but the grinding noise would happen if I put it in drive or reverse. It sounds like the transmission was close but just couldn't engage.

I was able to get home by turning off VSC. With it off it goes in to gear without any problems, no grinding or vibration, and everything sounds normal.

It threw a P0500 code for speed sensor "a" that I replace but it still grinds is has no throttle if VSC is on, but everything is fine with VSC off.

Any thoughts on what it could be or how I can troubleshoot it?

Thanks!
Ribby

I have an 07 with 225k miles. Last week I pulled out of a parking lot and suddenly there's a loud vibration / grinding sound. No response from the throttle and I thought the drive shaft was dragging on the ground. Coasted to a stop and nothing hanging down, but the grinding noise would happen if I put it in drive or reverse. It sounds like the transmission was close but just couldn't engage.

I was able to get home by turning off VSC. With it off it goes in to gear without any problems, no grinding or vibration, and everything sounds normal.

It threw a P0500 code for speed sensor "a" that I replace but it still grinds is has no throttle if VSC is on, but everything is fine with VSC off.

Thanks!
Ribby

Lost CV axle clip, or stripped CV axle and/or drive flange.

Thanks!
Ribby
Where in Texas? Someone with experience is probably not far and can take a look.

Reactions: jLB
According to what I understand, the VSC lights are related to a wheel sensor that is no longer working. If you're having trouble shifting out of park, try inserting your key completely into the opening on the console to the left of the shifter. That ought should allow it to leave park.
I’m in the uk but my car runs on lpg so occasionally it throws a lamba sensor code and guess what it turns off vsc light comes on
Bizzare

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom