No gauge lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I installed a new head unit over the weekend and ever since the gauge lights no longer come on.

I have made sure the the knob is connected and not loose...don't see a fuse specifically for the gauge lights but the gauge fuse is good.

Is there something on the radio harness I may have overlooked? There is one that says dimmer but there is no matching wire on the radio for it.

Just to add, the gauges work fine, it's just the lights themselves that are not coming on.

Can you strat the engine?
Try to eplace the 10 Amp Gauge fuse.

Landcrusher80

If the head unit has an auto dim that's hooked up, try removing that.
Meter illumination comes off the tail lamp fuse. If the fuse is blown and the auto dim is not hooked up, it's probably grounding against the recirc sliders in the dash. That's what happened on mine. Tape it up.

Engine starts fine, the fuse is good but I did replace it to no avail.

I'll check the tail lamp fuse tomorrow...didn't know that was the one. Thanks

Just went and changed the tail light fuse it was fine but changed anyway still a no-go. The taillights worked with the fuse removed though.

Today I replaced every fuse in the block and taped up the wire as far back as I could but still nothing.

For shiggles I even hooked up the factory radio and still nothing.

Just went and changed the tail light fuse it was fine but changed anyway still a no-go. The taillights worked with the fuse removed though.

Uhhhh...no they didn't. Without the fuse there is no +12 to the tail lamps. That fuse is by the driver's left knee. 15amp TAIL.

Uhhhh...no they didn't. Without the fuse there is no +12 to the tail lamps. That fuse is by the driver's left knee. 15amp TAIL.

Yea I pulled the one labeled "tail" applied the brakes and they still worked.

Sounds like a crossed up wire. What type of harness(s) did you use. Or was it a straight splice job? Did you use the 2 grey connectors for the A/M HU or spliced into the stock white one?

I am pretty certain I didn't but I can't say for certain. Should I unplug it, turn the knob all the way down and reconnect it?

Sounds like a crossed up wire. What type of harness(s) did you use. Or was it a straight splice job? Did you use the 2 grey connectors for the A/M HU or spliced into the stock white one?

I used the harness that Crutchfield provides. I have installed car audio for nearly 15 years and this is the first time I have ever seen anything like this.

I used the harness that Crutchfield provides. I have installed car audio for nearly 15 years and this is the first time I have ever seen anything like this.

not doubting, just asking :).

Really not sure.

I wish I'd of seen this thread 2 hours ago. I had my dash apart putting in a Scion head unit earlier. I know without the dimmer plugged in that the lights on the head unit went out when I turned on the headlights. I don't remember the dash lights coming on but then again, I wasn't specifically looking for them. Might be worth checking that the dimmer is plugged in all the way.

:bang:just ignore me...I'm tired and just realized you said you did check the plug...sorry for being useless:frown:

Pat

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom