No front drive-line......ok to drive on freeway? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Quick question, I took off my front drive-line to put in new u-joints but I havent put it back in yet. I have the center diff pushed in and I have been driving around for about a week. My problem is this, I am driving up to Sacramento tomorrow (2 hours away) to pick up my new slee rear bumper (yes I am excited) and I wanted to know if driving freeway speeds is going to mess anything up?

Also, since I took the drive line off, I cleaned it up, but in the process the cleaner took my painted marks for lining it back up correctly off (ya I am a dumb ass........brake cleaner strips everything off!! :crybaby: ) Anyway, if I take it to a shop and get it balanced, will putting it back on in different location matter then? God I hope not!! :confused:

No problem, good to go! As for putting it back on, try it and see how to goes, there are only two ways the splines can go and be in the proper phase.

I don't know about your '93, but my '97 has the rear shaft phased parallel, and the front shaft 90 deg. out.

You're good to go. I've been driving on the highway for the last month with only the rear shaft in.

Right on then, thanks for the heads up about it being ok. Now, I am off to get my slee bumper........hitch.....oh and the transfer case skid plate!! I am one big smile at the moment. Pictures will be posted up asap when I get the stuff home and put on. ;)

It's only OK if you have a CDL and have it engaged. Otherwise, it could damage your coupler, or so I have been told when I asked the same question 3 months ago.

Good point Romer. I ASSumed he had this and was going to engage the CDL.

4dmalamute said:
....I have the center diff pushed in and I have been driving around for about a week....

No need to "ASSume". :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom