No fluid to front driver side brakes. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was upgrading the brakes because they were pretty weak and would pull to the right when hard braking. I thought while I was at I would go ahead and replace the lines at the hubs with the slee stainless lines. When I went to bleed the system and got to the last one (front driver side) no fluid would come out. I messed with it for a while then thought I’d just let my off-road shop figure it out since I was getting new tires installed anyway. So I drove there with nothing but the hand brake and downshifting. They spent a few hours on it and can’t figure it out either. They said “maybe the master cylinder”. But before I started throwing parts at it, I wanted to see if anyone here might have suggestions? Hopefully I don’t have to replace the ABS components? The pulling to the right makes me suspect that it’s been a problem since before I changed anything. TIA

Well since you asked.
You can remove the flex line, you will have fluid or not.
Use this as a starting point to continue downstream or up stream depending on your result.
Could completely remove bleed screw and apply the brakes hard, there could be an awful lot of crud to expel.

As Squash mentioned above, did anyone remove the bleeder screw? Those can get clogged from rust and dirt especialy if the little cap has been missing for years. The soft brake lines also can collapse internally blocking fluid flow or the fluid passageways inside caliper itself can get clogged.

I not only had the bleeder screw out, I had the whole line off while I was replacing with the Slee and nothing came out. I disconnected it from where it attaches to the axle also and nothing came out there.

Sounds like you need to work your way up to the next line and see where the fluid is

I've seen hard lines crushed from prybar's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom