No Crank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i need help starting my truck after hurricane IDA in my area. during the hurricane no one could come out as the water water was knee high. after the water went down i checked for the damage. water did not get to the engine top, it did not get to the plugs, air cleaner was dry. but the bottom part, starter and co were wet. while under water for 5hrs the horn was blaring until the battery died. i waited for 4 days and recharged the battery, installed it back and the horn went back on, so i took the horn fuse out and attempted to start, all i hear is a click as if the starter was trying to engage, but no crank. Please anyone can help?

It's still wet.
You'll need to pull every connector that was soaking and shoot them with a water dis-placer and contactor cleaner.
Might need to pull the starter and see if its packed with silt.
You should also think about repacking the wheel bearings, new oil in the diffs and transfer case and make sure your rotors are not packed with silt too.

If the water was that deep, did the interior get soaked with water as well? Was the ECM under water?

WD-40 is a water displacer and can be sprayed inside the distributor, inside connectors, and other areas.

Then, after things have air dried, use dielectric grease to help seal connectors.

Definitely change oil in the differentials, check wheel bearings (probably repack) and dry interior.

Sorry for your loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom