No Crank No Start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

I'm trying to diagnose what is going on with my 2005 LC. I had a new battery installed in May 2021. And it was working fine until this past week. I found that I was unable to start the LC at all. I had to use the key to open the door and when I turned the key, there was no reaction at all. Not even a click that I read that some folks had when they had a no start issue.

I managed to use my NOCO jump starter to start it with the Manual Mode button. Once it started, I had no problems driving. The next day, I tried to use my multimeter to test the voltage in the battery. It was reading a low 2.3 volts. How should I go about diagnosing, what thing is causing the issue? For now, I'm planning to go to Costco to get a replacement battery since I still have the warranty. But I think there must be some other issue going on.

Could it be a parasitic drain from somewhere, and over time it destroyed the battery?

I'm based in Chicago. I wouldn't mind going to a mechanic to check it out. But I'm new to the area and I don't know who to go to for this type of issue.

For now, I'm planning to go to Costco to get a replacement battery since I still have the warranty. But I think there must be some other issue going on.
Don't overthink it. Batteries sometimes fail early. :meh:

Just get a new battery in there ASAP and keep an eye on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom