No CEL when turning Key to ON and already replaced Relays and Fusible Link (1 Viewer)

Hi There,

I have a hybrid FZJ80 since living in Venezuela we had it until 2007. Mine has all the quirks of the OBD1 but the relays configuration are 1995-1997 US version.

Turns out it did the Turn-no start engine but didn't know to look for the CEL light until reading the forum later. Replaced the Fuel Pump as I thought it was the issue. The next day it failed again. So I replaced EFI and Opening Circuit Relays (same part number) and had 6 peaceful months until recently.

The failure begun only when it was too hot outside, if I made a short stop, it will start. If I left it for 10 minutes or so CEL won't light on and the truck won't start but the starter would turn.

Got the fusible links and replaced it and now it won't start ever again, of course no CEL and I have not been able to start it again for the last 3 days.

Any clues?

Thanks for the suggestion I think I'll hire someone knowledgeable on the matter as I think this goes far beyond my skills. At least the I did replace tha parts that I could.

I'll keep you posted!

I'd do a quick check on all of your grounds. If the ecu isn't grounded that could be an issue, so worth checking all the ground cables to the chassis, particularly the one from the chassis to the negative terminal on your battery. Good luck.

ppc

M Go Blue
Even though you replaced the fusible links don't rule those out. With the trouble when hot you may have a secondary problem.

I’ve had a very similar problem and traced it to a bad splice in the harness very close to the alternator. If you have a multi meter and work from the battery out towards the ecu and find the voltage drops you should be able to sort this. On mine it would work for a bit every time I worked on the harness up near the battery as my moving it improved the contact in the splice temporarily, then after it heated up or ran for a bit the contact degraded and it would not start and no cel. Best of luck as it was very frustrating, but ultimately satisfying to sort out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom