No CEL - MAF Tear Down - No Start - EB1 Faulty (Solved) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok so I replaced:

Battery Cables, neg and pos
All major grounds
Fusible link
Efi relay
Efi fuse
New battery

Has new starter, new alternator.

No cel still, will crank strong but won't turn on?????

I was driving it, died at a stop light. Then I cranked it and it turned on. Drove a few blocks died. Did it again. Got it to my garage, won't start at all now. Did the above trouble shooting, nothing.

20211224_114907.jpg

20211224_114821.jpg

20211224_114811.jpg

20211224_114805.jpg

20211224_114801.jpg

Last edited:
What to do next?

Yes it had gas 😂

Would the exhaust have something to do with this? It was driving fine for 3 months before this happened. But, I smelled the exhaust in the cabin, exhaust is rusted, horrible condition, next to do list.

I put 3 gallons in it after it died. Keep cranking it and it started. But I only drove it half a mile, so I have no idea...

Also tried to pull codes, no cel blink

Last edited:
Fwiw your ground isn’t even on the body of the truck. Granted it’s a painted surface but you have it anchored to the plastic of your harness cover.

I scuffed the paint under the plastic harness cover and anchored it there.

Have you gone through and inspected the rest of your grounding points?

Switched that ground to the body. Still won't start. I'm working on the ground points now.

The alarm is a solid light. Have anything to do with it?

The light was blinking and now it's solid red.

20211224_123655.jpg

20211224_123844.jpg

^^^^^^^
Usually not a good idea to take these apart as they are NLA. You'll probably get an engine code now.

My friend owns a electrical engineering company. Just took it over there now. He already found the issue. Fixing it now.

But still, it might not have fixed the cel issue, we will see. This may have been one of several issues...

Circut board

Could you elaborate please? I also have a 94 and thought I had a MAF problem, but it turned out to be a leak in the intake pipe. It got me concerned and researching the MAF. I have enough electronics experience to make repairs if I have some sound troubleshooting advise, I have all the tools out of necessity, but I am not an electronics expert. If you said "bad solder joints" or "replace capacitors" that's all I would likely need.

In the interest of DIYer's like me please share any details of your fix as such information is not out there as far as I can tell.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom