No CEL but TSC TRAC & TSC Off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve got no check engine light, however the TSC TRAC and TSC Off lights turn on after about ten seconds after starting

I used a code reader and no codes were to be found

My Drive “D” light has been burnt out for over four years so I don’t think it’s that. The Parking “P” on the dash is not burnt out.

Looking for suggestions on what to track down for this.

I think it could be wheel speed sensors because of the “fishtailiness” when accelerating on gravel

I initially thought it was because I swapped my MTs for all season tires but since I thought where speed sensors would have set off a CEL, I didn’t give it more thought.

Thanks all,

Jin

As someone who has recently ran into the same problem I'm curious about this too. I ran two different OBD devices to try and see if any codes popped up but no codes were showing. I've been looking to see if anyone has had the same issue but most of those people with similar issues with the TSC TRAC and TSC Off lights also have either the CEL or ABS light on as well which I have neither. Also the TSC TRAC and TSC Off lights only come on once I start moving forward. I'm hoping it's just a wheel sensor but as a relatively new LC owner I don't even know how to determine which sensor is the bad one if no codes are showing 🤷‍♂️

I’ve got no check engine light, however the TSC TRAC and TSC Off lights turn on after about ten seconds after starting

I used a code reader and no codes were to be found

My Drive “D” light has been burnt out for over four years so I don’t think it’s that. The Parking “P” on the dash is not burnt out.

Looking for suggestions on what to track down for this.

I think it could be wheel speed sensors because of the “fishtailiness” when accelerating on gravel

I initially thought it was because I swapped my MTs for all season tires but since I thought where speed sensors would have set off a CEL, I didn’t give it more thought.

Thanks all,

Jin
“fishtailiness” when accelerating on gravel" Indicates you front end issue. Very loose wheel bearing perhaps. To loose and wheel speed sensor may have been damaged.

You can ohm out the speed sensors to test them. FSM has ohm specs and they’re easily accessible in the engine bay. I’ve been running these lights for about 3yrs now with no resolution. I’ve redone bearings, axles, speed sensors, etc. with no luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom