No boost (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,
I’ve got a 2004 Land cruiser 100 series with a 5-speed 1HD FTE engine. I had noticed the engine light come on randomly and then switch off by itself which then lead to me inspecting the oil dipstick. To my surprise the oil was very low, however the engine did have a few leaks through the vacuum pipes near the EGR and also near the intake Manifold but it was not major. This then lead to my mechanic opening up the intake manifold and replace some of the vacuum lines which were leaking. During which, we cleaned the EGR and resealed the intake manifold. Everything seemed fine when the car first started however after I took it out for a drive, the car has totally lost all its boost and struggles to get above 3000 rpm while flooring it. I suspected the Turbo Pressure sensor was faulty and replaced it but the car is still behaving the same way. My mechanic then opened the intake manifold once again to access if he had done anything wrong but all seemed fine. The car is not smoking at all. Any suggestions would help. Thanks!

Is the wastegate stuck open?

Could be the fuel injection pump as well, and the check engine light is hinting this. They wear out. It would be a good idea to blink out the CEL code if it is still stored/present

I’ll have these ch
Could be the fuel injection pump as well, and the check engine light is hinting this. They wear out. It would be a good idea to blink out the CEL code if it is still stored/present
I’ll have these checked. Thanks!

I’ll have these ch
I’ll have these checked. Thanks!

Hi Guys,
I’ve got a 2004 Land cruiser 100 series with a 5-speed 1HD FTE engine. I had noticed the engine light come on randomly and then switch off by itself which then lead to me inspecting the oil dipstick. To my surprise the oil was very low, however the engine did have a few leaks through the vacuum pipes near the EGR and also near the intake Manifold but it was not major. This then lead to my mechanic opening up the intake manifold and replace some of the vacuum lines which were leaking. During which, we cleaned the EGR and resealed the intake manifold. Everything seemed fine when the car first started however after I took it out for a drive, the car has totally lost all its boost and struggles to get above 3000 rpm while flooring it. I suspected the Turbo Pressure sensor was faulty and replaced it but the car is still behaving the same way. My mechanic then opened the intake manifold once again to access if he had done anything wrong but all seemed fine. The car is not smoking at all. Any suggestions would help. Thanks!
Any luck with this? I have the same issue after egr delete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom