No backup lights. Slips out of reverse. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I put it back where it was originally.

I moved it a little the first time and noticed no difference in shifting or starting or anything. So I adjusted it a little the other way and noticed no difference in anything. So I adjusted it further to see and nothing.

If it shifts in all the gears fine no matter where I put it, what does that mean is what I am wondering?

My E brake is out, locks up on me as it needs attention too. But I can try again with the small increments with a helper.

Thanks.

My reverse switch is fine, however, both reverse lights wont come on. Bulbs are new, I know the circuit is OK because I have reverse alarm and when I shift int reverse, it comes on. I cleaned inside the sockets also. Any ideas? :confused:

Did either of you check the engine harness side of the connector for the Neutral safety switch? I had issues with both the switch side and the harness side as they were corroded. See this post: https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/106789-all-shift-indicator-lights-intermittent.html

The only thing I find hard to beleive is that ALL your lights (connections) would have gone at once, if the issue is with this connector. My issue was with my 2nd gear indicator and it would default into Drive... I always wondered what would happen if it were my D or R connection. Maybe you found the answer?

Thanks.

Did either of you check the engine harness side of the connector for the Neutral safety switch? I had issues with both the switch side and the harness side as they were corroded. See this post: https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/106789-all-shift-indicator-lights-intermittent.html

The only thing I find hard to beleive is that ALL your lights (connections) would have gone at once, if the issue is with this connector. My issue was with my 2nd gear indicator and it would default into Drive... I always wondered what would happen if it were my D or R connection. Maybe you found the answer?

Thanks for the link. I originally posted this thread and still have yet to look into this further. What got me back on it was my reverse/backup lights just started working on there own yesterday. Seem to work fine.

My D dash light seems to be working fine too. It was a bit dim at times but works. I will check my harness and connections as it more than likely is a bad connection or corrosion. This information is helpful, just too many other things of higher priority at the moment...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom