No Alternator Output or Brake Lights - VSC Dash Lights on and Won't Shift out of Park (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

First Time Poster but long time lurker here. I recently got a 2001 LX470 (w/126k miles) and am encountering some issues with it. Before I bought it it sat for over a year in my bosses garage. It started fine after putting a fresh battery in, I then took it to work the following day and as I was pulling in to the parking garage the Nav Screen started acting funny then went totally out, the vehicle completed died as I parked in my spot. Since then I replaced the alternator and it was good for a few days but it left me stranded yesterday and now I can't figure out whats causing the issue.

Right now it has the following symptoms:
  1. 13.5V on battery no load - 12.3V once started
  2. VSC TRAC/OFF and ABS Lights on Dash Illuminated
  3. Shifter is stuck in Park
  4. No A/C
  5. Windows won't roll down
  6. No Brake lights
  7. Nav Screen won't turn on but radio works
  8. No dome lights
  9. No power locks
  10. No power to electric seat adjustments
I have done the following:
  1. Replaced Alternator
  2. Replaced Battery
  3. Replaced 140A Alt fuse (in fusible link of Pos Terminal)
  4. Replaced 100A Main fuse
  5. Checked STOP 10A fuse (good)
  6. Checked Rear Tail Light bulbs (good)
Any idea what else I should try to get this thing back on the road?

Last edited:
Having a car parked for a long time attracts mice, squirrels etc., When they are there, they chew wires. Wonder there is a some sort of a power drain.

Why did you replace the fuses? Are those blown?

Do you have an amp clamp? If you do, with a fresh battery place the amp clamp on the ground terminal wire and with all electrical devices off, see how much the current draw is. It should be no more than 0.040 A or 40 mA. I might be wrong for LC, but it is pretty low number.

Having a car parked for a long time attracts mice, squirrels etc., When they are there, they chew wires. Wonder there is a some sort of a power drain.

Why did you replace the fuses? Are those blown?

Do you have an amp clamp? If you do, with a fresh battery place the amp clamp on the ground terminal wire and with all electrical devices off, see how much the current draw is. It should be no more than 0.040 A or 40 mA. I might be wrong for LC, but it is pretty low number.
Thanks for the reply. I don't have an amp clamp but I believe I can check the draw with the multimeter I have.

The fuses were not blown but I replaced them because I tried to pull them out (not knowing that they were bolted down) and broke the plastic on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom