No AHC guard on LX600 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tincan45

Too old to know anything.
SILVER Star
Threads
Got to spend some time with a F-Sport 600 today. Was shocked to see it so naked on the underside.

18DD33FA-1E2F-46CE-B786-C413F326F6AE.jpeg

Last edited:
? that's how the LX470 is and I've never seen anyone have an issue.

? that's how the LX470 is and I've never seen anyone have an issue.

470 doesn't have a lot of things. 570 has nice skids/guards (see below), I doubt Lexus added them because nobody had issues. Probably a weight concern, but it seems like a step backwards. In time, I'm sure @sleeoffroad will have skids built for the 600....Right Christo?

Also rear seat has no room. Other than the drivers dash and console, I wasn't in love with the new LX.

IMG-2328.jpg

Reactions: MrX
470 doesn't have a lot of things. 570 has nice skids/guards (see below), I doubt Lexus added them because nobody had issues. Probably a weight concern, but it seems like a step backwards. In time, I'm sure @sleeoffroad will have skids built for the 600....Right Christo?

Also rear seat has no room. Other than the drivers dash and console, I wasn't in love with the new LX.

View attachment 3051863
What “things” did the 470 not have? I had both a 470 and a 570 and I can tell you that the reason the 200 series had the guards is because all that hydraulic gear was hanging down much lower then the 100 series. Everything was tucked up nice and tight on the 470. It didn‘t need unsightly guards.

Lol this is why we can't have cool vehicles in the USA, we complain too much.
Anyone who drops 100K+ on a car can nit pick all they want. Americans, in general, value price over quality (present company excluded), that's why we can't have nice stuff. Nice stuff costs more.

...off to harbor freight to buy more :poop: tools.

Lol this is why we can't have cool vehicles in the USA, we complain too much.
Wasn’t complaining, just disappointed. ;)
Anyone who drops 100K+ on a car can nit pick all they want. Americans, in general, value price over quality (present company excluded), that's why we can't have nice stuff. Nice stuff costs more.

...off to harbor freight to buy more :poop: tools.
In my opinion it is more about Lexus cutting weight (and saving money). 95% of owners will never know what type of protection it has.

With that being said, instead of paying 110k, I would have paid 115k for some full aluminum underbody protection…I might back into a flower bed in the mall parking lot and need it. ;)

500# weight reduction comes from somewhere.

Yep, it truly is sad that this vehicle's mission is maximum fuel economy like everything else. My 200 sucks down gas but I DON'T CARE. I also wasn't happy when I found out 300 lost so much weight.

To the member about the AHC protection on 200 series vs 100, it doesn't affect the ground clearance and it's legit protection. It's not unsightly, lol it's rock solid looking armor that is heavy (because 200 wasn't designed around efficiency unlike 300). It was the first thing I noticed the first time I looked under my LX, the AHC protection.

Maybe someone has an underbody shot of 200 vs 300.

All this said, they're asking $170k for LX600s at my local dealer.

Yep, it truly is sad that this vehicle's mission is maximum fuel economy like everything else. My 200 sucks down gas but I DON'T CARE. I also wasn't happy when I found out 300 lost so much weight.

To the member about the AHC protection on 200 series vs 100, it doesn't affect the ground clearance and it's legit protection. It's not unsightly, lol it's rock solid looking armor that is heavy (because 200 wasn't designed around efficiency unlike 300). It was the first thing I noticed the first time I looked under my LX, the AHC protection.

Maybe someone has an underbody shot of 200 vs 300.

All this said, they're asking $170k for LX600s at my local deale
Can anyone name more than one case of the AHC globes or lines being damaged offroad?

Can anyone name more than one case of the AHC globes or lines being damaged offroad?

I just like knowing the armor is there. And having a truck not engineered around maximum efficiency. Pretty sure the tailgate delete was also for weight savings.

Ok…so who’s gonna offer some underbody replacement armor?

I know we have a talented group of enthusiasts here…

When the 100 series was released there was quite a fit over it only having 5 wheel lugs rather than 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom