For Sale No Affliation... '96 LX450 in Myrtle Beach area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Face Book market place item # 319507328769298

I haven't seen this one listed in MUD, thought I would pass it along. I'm scouring CL, FB marketplace, eBay on top of the Mud classifieds looking for a '96/'97.

GLWS, really sweet looking rig, just more than I am looking for

Last edited:

I initially had the link but the forum seems to filter out facebook links; if the above doesn't work - try removing the spaces below:
https:// www.facebook .com / marketplace / item / 319507328769298/

Here's a pic and the description from the ad:
Over $60000 invested Truly one of a kind Folder of receipts 200000 miles but Every thing is new Cosmetically mechanically flawless Zero apologies Serious inquiries only please Steve

fj80.JPG

It’s at a dealer down there. I believe it is JP Autosales.

I inquired out of curiosity for what could possibly make it worth that kind of money. Guy was kind of a pain to get info from as you can tell they don’t know much about it. He gave me a link to his even more overpriced ad in Las Vegas. Not sure where they invested $65k. I just don’t see it. That hood scoop is hideous. Plus, why the Smittybilt winch over a warm of it is a no expense spared deal. Then again, maybe I am wrong and the price it right for someone.

I inquired out of curiosity for what could possibly make it worth that kind of money. Guy was kind of a pain to get info from as you can tell they don’t know much about it. He gave me a link to his even more overpriced ad in Las Vegas. Not sure where they invested $65k. I just don’t see it. That hood scoop is hideous. Plus, why the Smittybilt winch over a warm of it is a no expense spared deal. Then again, maybe I am wrong and the price it right for someone.

I think you”re right on the money. It’s a nice truck overall (except the terrible hood scoop). Clean, nicely built with an air locker and a super charger but nowhere near 65k. Also, I agree 100% on the winch.

Got out and had a look at it, without a salesman thank goodness. The seats were covered front and back in a camoflauge pattern cover and that leads me to believe that they marketing this thing to 'Diddy'...In other words, 'Diddy, buy me that faincee laind crewsuh up at Jp's Diddy...puhleeez? lol

From the pictures, it looks very clean minus the ugly hood cowl. The ad to the listing in Vegas was deleted by the owner/dealer, so I wonder if it is sold or maybe he realizes he is high on the price. If it was a reasonable deal, it looks nice and the hood could be replaced. I am curious what they paid for it.

From the pictures, it looks very clean minus the ugly hood cowl. The ad to the listing in Vegas was deleted by the owner/dealer, so I wonder if it is sold or maybe he realizes he is high on the price. If it was a reasonable deal, it looks nice and the hood could be replaced. I am curious what they paid for it.

The marketplace ad was marked sold so I'm not sure if it is gone or like you said, waiting to re-market at another time/pricepoint?? Maybe @sanscruiser can let us know if he sees it next time he rides by

fj80_2.JPG

This was on Craigslist in SC. I talked to the guy, he sold it for 22,000 ..it's built pretty good

This was my truck for the past five years I built the truck I don’t know where he got $65,000 from but I have 30,000 in receipts and as for the winch You bet your ass I took my $2000 winch off of it before I sold it. And as for the scoop if you ever supercharged one of these trucks your AC will not work in hot climates inless you have some way for the air to escape underneath your hood. It wasn’t my first choice but it made my AC work in the summer. I also put a $500 custom fan clutch on it. You would be hard-pressed to find a cleaner 80 series. Those are SOR seat covers that cost over 700.

916052A5-20D1-4B09-8F05-81C75E990EA9.jpeg

It's still at JP's on Pawleys Island..glad to know who built it. It looks great, except for the scooped hood, but if you say thats what you need to do, I would believe it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom