For Sale No affiliation- ‘97 RHD FZJ80 VX Limited - in Canada (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
It's a nice looking rig, but I always wonder why people would go to all that trouble to bring in a RHD truck and not get the diesel... Wouldn't it be easier to buy the JDM stuff and add it to a domestic 80 series?

It's a nice looking rig, but I always wonder why people would go to all that trouble to bring in a RHD truck and not get the diesel... Wouldn't it be easier to buy the JDM stuff and add it to a domestic 80 series?

Well, gas LC's are much cheaper in Japan than diesel ones. So you can generally get a very nice, clean, low mileage gas truck like this one for MUCH, MUCH cheaper than a comparable 80 would cost in US.
The downside, of course, is RHD.
It depends on where you live, but in Ontario (same province as the truck in OP) its nearly impossible to get reasonably priced insurance for a RHD. To give you an idea, im paying about $70/month for my LHD 80. Exact same truck with RHD would cost $300/month minimum.

My 80 (Almost as nice, and also for sale!) is RHD and gas. Biggest advantage is parts. Diesel parts, and someone able to work on a diesel Toyota, are rare in the states. So, I enjoy having the gasoline for the peace of mind....I wouldn't be as stressed if I were to break down while out in the mountains, or visiting friends in another town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom