For Sale NM: 1988 FJ62 original rust free New Mexico (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello everyone. I am posting an ad to sell my blue 1988 FJ62 . Truck runs and drives good. Has 249k miles. I've put about 600 miles on it. I bought it locally last year as a project truck but want to devote my time to my FZJ80. Its been in the Albuquerque area its whole life. I've done quite a few repairs on it and have spent 5k in parts and have receipts to prove. Some of the more major stuff is the cylinder head gasket and valve job. Injectors rebuilt. Engine reseal however it has started to drip at the rear oil pan and i believe the oil pan arch seal may have not seated properly. Radiator was rebuilt. New Toyota water pump and hoses. The transmission shifts fine however it does have an occasional flare going from 2 to 3rd gear. I do have a replacement transmission with about 100k miles for 600 dollars that I was going to install at a later point. The previous owner had replaced the fuel pump.

The interior is in really good shape. The headliner is nice, the seats are in good shape. Door panels on the front doors needs repair on the tops. Dash is a new Toyota part that I installed last year. Carpet is original. Missing the rear cargo carpet mouldings that attach to the back of the rear seat. All power windows operate. Door lock actuators operate except the right rear and lift gate. I have replacement actuators for those. The A/C works good. I charged it last summer and still blows cold today. Everything else works as it should. Rear wiper, power antenna, front wipers, radio and all HVAC controls work.

The body is a rust free New Mexico truck that I was really excited about. The paint is not in great shape and there are some dings and scratches. Most notably in the left rear above the tail light. The rear bumper has a dent as well but I have a nicer replacement that will go with the truck. The paint on the hood needs to be re done. If anyone would like to see close ups of anything just let me know. I have some parts that I will include that I haven't installed yet. The left front door hinges, right rear door and liftgate lock actuators. OE rear shocks and spring bushings. The tires will need to be replaced. They hold air and are fine for driving locally but I wouldn't trust them for a long trip. They are 20 years old I think. If I can think of anything else I will ad it to the listing. I also have a cold start video that I will upload soon.

Asking price is 10k.

DSCN1190.JPG

DSCN1191.JPG

DSCN1192.JPG

DSCN1200.JPG

DSCN1214.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom