NKG Ruthenium spark plugs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have any experience with Ruthenium spark plugs? they are supposedly the highest in durability

No experience and not trying to being a smart a**, but any reason why you wouldn't want the factory Iridium plugs that last forever? (Or at least well past the 120k recommended interval).

No experience and not trying to being a smart a**, but any reason why you wouldn't want the factory Iridium plugs that last forever? (Or at least well past the 120k recommended interval).

That's what I was going to do, but the NKG website showed these outperforming the factory iridium in a couple of places, like cold starts and burn. Wanted to see if anyone here tried them and had good results.

I'm all about leaving it like it was built, but as technology moves forward it's worth considering. Kind of the same way halogen bulbs have been phased out. My stock headlights light almost nothing and that's how it came from the factory, many better options now. Sometimes there is better and they might have used that back then if it was available.

I can't imagine any real-world gains from what the factory plugs do. It's a pretty simple system, they spark and maintain a specific heat. The OEM look great and function great after 100k miles. Replacing them at every timing belt job is PM, not a performance gain.

I too have often fallen victim to the premise of wanting the best for my truck and therefore seeking out the most expensive option. Buy once cry once is valid for many things. In this case, there is no added value in the extra spend. Marketing is very good and making us feel like we're settling for less if we don't buy the new shiny beads.

I just replaced OE denso's that had >100k miles on them and the gaps were still dead on, no wear showing at all.
The key to cold starts is the seat heaters, for me at least.

Thanks everyone I'll stick the the OE Denso

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom